Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Cheap and Cheerful but no longer boring

Fall Fashion
It seems like saving money is in style these days, which is good news for me and anyone else feeling the burn of rising commodity prices. Mass production fashion chains, I usually avoid such as Payless, H&M and Old Navy, now offer some very interesting designs at very low prices.
Payless has some great designers contributing to their Fall line-up (unfortunately I think this is only in the states but luckily the shoes are still in reach with online shopping.) Mainly, I'm impressed with Alice & Olivia designs like this pair of peep toe, wedge boots selling for about $50. Payless shoes were actually featured on New York Fashion Week's runways this year.

On a venture to Yorkdale Mall, I was in the search for the perfect sandals for summer. I thought I found them at Browns in the form of a light beige Calvin Klein gladiator, but when I tried them on, there was no love. They were a bit uncomfortable even without heels and it was hard to get the double buckles done up. I walked into every store trying to find something else and randomly in Old Navy I found two pairs I loved and a tier ruffle tank (now my favorite clothing item.) September's Vogue featured a Old Navy ad with the above dress in all it's structured perfectness (two-toned dresses are in for fall as featured in one of Vogue's high end photo spreads.) It will be mine very soon at the price of $29.99.


Last but not least, H&M. I never really buy anything here but I defiantly will be buying in early November when H&M collaborates with Comme des Garcon for a Fall 2008 limited collection. If the clothing are anything like their high end, fall ready-to-wear collection featured above, all of Toronto's fashion lovers are in for a thrill!
Images: www.nymag.com, www.oldnavy.com, www.style.com

No comments:

Comments