Monday, August 11, 2008

Pegged Jeans= Not Sexy

Image:JustJared
Skinny jeans and leggings have dominated fashion for the last 2-3 years with their tight-fitted silhouettes and various colours. This fall many are speculating that wide-leg pants and jeans are making a comeback. Personally I don’t mind a wide-leg business pant. They have a look of authority and power but it’s very easy for them to turn up looking clown-like. I mean why would I want my legs to look like they are drowning in fabric. Another hybrid of the wide-leg pants is the flare pant or in the 70’s bell-bottoms. I admit to wearing them religiously when they came back into style in the 90’s but that’s it for me. In the rain or snow they have a talent of getting extremely soaked at the bottom, which isn’t very sexy. And then there is a pair of jeans being worn by the likes of Katie Holmes and Rachel Bilson called the baggy, pegged-leg jeans. The name says it all. I’m sure they are very comfortable but no thanks. I will be sticking with a straight leg, tights or even a skinny leg for the upcoming season. Fashion is all about sticking with what works best for you and I never found hiding behind baggy clothes a viable option.

No comments:

Comments