Monday, January 19, 2009

Will white tights be the surprize hit of the Spring '09 season?

I have been noticing the Blair Waldorf' character on Gossip Girl wearing white tights on more than one occasion. Perhaps it's part of the school girl uniform. Or to redeem her image as pure and royal. All I know is she makes it look good.
White tights are virtually non-existent on anyone over the age of ten. The only time in my post-pubescent life I wore white tights was went I dressed as a nurse for Halloween.
This may be something to explore come Spring. The season where whites and neutrals rule. Coloured tights are fun, but border bad taste. Imagine a white, chic dress with white tights and beige and neon accessories. ** Boy George, I think this could work!
** (Yes I'm still into neon and it seems to have spread into fast fashion stores.
Blair Waldorf in the upcoming "You've got Yale" episode.

1 comment:

Emily said...

Hmm... not sure what I think about white tights. I do enjoy wearing my old pale pink ballet tights now and again, but that's probably as close to white as I'll ever get.


derangedmylove.blogspot.com

Comments