Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Gossip Girl: Another victory for Blair!

My love for Blair Waldorf continues into the second season of Gossip Girl. The character seems designed for me: brunette, Audrey Hepburn fanatic, clever banter, amazing fashion {that pearl handband(above) was one of my almost purchases} ...etc. Although GG is considered a teen soap and there are many twists, I must admit most episodes are easily predictable. Last night's "Never Been Marcused" was very easy to observe and figure out how everything would end up. However this is to my delight, not dismay. Blair's victories are a thing of beauty and I eat them up with a spoon.
There are many accuracies in the show depiction of modern-day, elite teenagers in NYC but the drama is large than life. In reality, if a person does something immoral (say cheating) usually no one finds out, or it's ignored, or life goes on. In GG world, everyone knows about it- it's videotaped, photographed, and drawn out into a big scene. And we wouldn't have it any other way. It's safe to say this is one of the biggest phenomenons in TV since 90210.(the real 90210)

A must read: This article blends two of my loves-Gossip Girl and Women Right's. http://www.alternet.org/sex/97672/what_republicans_can_learn_from_%22gossip_girl%22/

No comments:

Comments