Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Where art thou shoe?

Grr...does this ever happen to anyone else? It was love at first sight with me and this pair of Marc Jacob booties in Teen Vogue's August 2007 issue. I wanted to master this look (socks with rugged mini boots) but since I can't afford them I tried to look elsewhere for a similar pair, without any luck. I couldn't find anything that capture the same appeal.....so I purchased some Doc Martens. Unfortunately they were a bit too heavy for me to wear in heavy rotation, so the look was a failed attempt. Now a year later the mass market has embraced them, as per usual.
Looks familiar? Images: Nine West, Teen Vogue
On a side note--today I'm attending the Toronto International Film Festival. I decided to go with the one-shoulder, sheer black, floor-length dress over a black tube top dress for optimum one-sided-ness. No regrets.

No comments:

Comments